It’s amazing how well you can grow here.
Agribusiness has strong roots in Southern Virginia. In fact, agriculture and forestry are Virginia’s top two industries and a large part of the state’s heritage.
But we’re not just relying on our past. We’re looking forward with programs such as The Governor’s Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development Fund (AFID)—designed to help communities grow their forestry and agricultural industries.
We’re also expanding our agricultural and forestry exports through establishment of an international trade office in Mainland China, and collaborative opportunities are available through the Institute of Advanced Learning and Research’s (IALR) Institute for Sustainable and Renewable Resources and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech.
The Southern Virginia region offers an abundance of rich land, and real estate taxes and land prices in the region are some of the lowest in Virginia.
- Agri-Nutrients Associates, LLC: Granulated fertilizer manufacturing plant
- Dan River Plants, LLC (DRP): Creates, clones, and grows ornamental plants and biorenewable feedstock
- Equustock, LLC: Equine and livestock bedding from wood pellets
- Forestry Equipment of Virginia (FEVA): Forestry aerial lift equipment and truck assembly
- Genesis Products, Inc.: Sustainable manufacturing of doors, cabinet parts, moldings, and wood panels
- Good Earth Peanut Co.: Peanuts and peanut products
- JTI Leaf Services: Tobacco processing
- Piedmont BioProducts LLC: Converts feedstock to biofuel
Inquiries about doing business in Southern Virginia contact firstname.lastname@example.org.